- John Banks | REBNY President
- Rob Speyer | REBNY Chairperson
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
New York State Real Estate Continuing Education
Online NYS Real Estate Continuing Education Classes
Take REBNY Continuing Education and Qualifying/Licensing courses on-line! Please visit the below providers to register for online courses. Each provider offers different courses – all continuing education courses fulfill requirements toward a broker/salesperson real estate license renewal.
BROKERAGE CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Effective July 1, 2008, the 22.5 hours of required continuing ed credit must include at least 3 hours of instruction pertaining to fair housing and/or discrimination in the sale or rental of real property or an interest in real property.
- Once the course is complete and we are notified, certificate(s) will be sent via mail within 5-10 business days. The student is responsible for the renewal of their license through the Department of State eAccessny system www.dos.ny.gov; the school also informs the Department of State upon completion of a course.
If you have a question about online content, please email Sam Irlander at email@example.com (approved NYS Instructor). All questions will be answered within 48 hours Monday thru Friday.
For questions about online courses email Veronica Quinones firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-Person NYS Real Estate Continuing Education Courses
Effective January 1, 2017, any real estate licensee who renews their license must have completed 22 ½ hours of approved continuing education, three hours of which must include fair housing and at least 1 hour of law of agency (if a salesperson is within their first license term, they must complete 2 hours of law of agency). Courses that meet the Fair Housing and Law of Agency Requirements will say “meet FH” and “meet LOA” in the title. This change does not apply to those licensees who are exempt from the continuing education requirement.
To assist you in locating courses or help you determine whether you have already met the requirement, the Department of State Division of Licensing Services will be placing a list of courses which meet the agency requirement on their website www.dos.ny.gov/licensing. Any existing approved course that contains the topic of agency within the coursework will satisfy either the 1 or 2 hour requirement.
REBNY offers a host of onsite courses taught by top New York CIty real estate industry professionals in commercial and residential brokerage and commercial and residential building management. We offer brokerage qualifying and licensing courses, continuing education, graduate designations, non-cedit brokerage seminars, management best practice seminars and much more.
- JAN 237.5- hour: CNE Part A - Whom Do You Represent?
- JAN 247.5-hour: CNE Part B - Whom Do You Represent?
- JAN 3075 hour RE Salesperson Licensing Course - Classroom
- FEB 145 Hour Real Estate Broker Licensing Course
- FEB 207.5 hour: CNE2/Part A - Advanced Negotiations Techniques for Buyers Agents
- FEB 217.5-hour:CNE2/Part B - Mastering Email Negotiations
- MAR 207.5-hour: CNE3/Part A - Advanced Negotiation Techniques of Listing Agents
- MAR 217.5 hour: CNE3/Part B - Cultural & General Factors in RE Negotiations
- APR 177.5- hour: CNE Part A - Whom Do You Represent?
- APR 187.5-hour: CNE Part B - Whom Do You Represent?
- MAY 227.5 hour: CNE2/Part A - Advanced Negotiations Techniques for Buyers Agents
- MAY 237.5-hour:CNE2/Part B - Mastering Email Negotiations
- JUN 1872-hour Florida Broker Licensing Course
Real Estate Board of New York
570 Lexington Avenue (@ 51st Street), Lower Level
Course times will vary. Please check the time of the course by clicking on course title.
Please note: You must be present the full day in order to receive credit. No "half-credit" will be issued.
Register for three 7½ hour courses:
REBNY Members: $99.00 Non-Members: $190.00
Register for Courses Individually:
REBNY Members: $40.00 Non-Members: $70.00
Please note: These prices do not apply for certification or designation courses.