- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
NYS Real Estate Continuing Education
Effective January 1, 2017, any real estate licensee who renews their license must have completed 22 ½ hours of approved continuing education, three hours of which must include fair housing and/or discrimination in the sale or rental of real property or an interest in real property of agency along with the other designated educational hours.along with the updated requirement of at least 1 hour of law of agency. If a salesperson is within their first license term, they must complete 2 hours. Courses that meet the Fair Housing and Law of Agency Requirements are indicated by an asterisk * in the title. This change does not apply to those licensees who are exempt from the continuing education requirement.
To assist you in locating courses or help you determine whether you have already met the requirement, the Department of State Division of Licensing Services will be placing a list of courses which meet the agency requirement on their website www.dos.ny.gov/licensing. Any existing approved course that contains the topic of agency within the coursework will satisfy either the 1 or 2 hour requirement. The Division is in the process of adopting regulations that will allow for the approval of 1 hour courses.
Residential and commercial brokerage continuing education courses offered by REBNY allow real estate brokers and salespersons to fulfill the 22.5 hours of continuing education credits that must be taken every two years to maintain a NYS real estate license. Three 7.5 hour courses earn the total 22.5 hours needed in order to maintain your license. Licensees (both residential and commercial) may take residential and/or commercial courses in order to complete their CE requirement.
This 22.5 hours must include 3 hours of Fair Housing (FH) instruction. Courses that meet the FH Requirement will state "Meet FH Requirement" in the title. All REBNY continuing education courses are accredited by the NYS DOS. A student must be present for the entire class to receive CE credit.
Upcoming NYS Continuing Education Classes
- MAY 37.5 hour: It's a Deal...Now What? Lifeline of a Transaction
- MAY 57.5 hour: Identifying a Property¿s Potential
- MAY 107.5 hour: An Introduction to Residential Closings/Title Issues with 2 hour of Law of Agency
- MAY 127.5 hour: *New York City Zoning (Meet FH & 2 hrs Law of Agency)
- MAY 17*7.5 hour: Coop Board Know How (Meet FH Requirement)
- MAY 197.5 hour: Commercial Lease Negotiating Realities
- JUN 77.5 hour: It's All About the Money
- JUN 217.5 hour: Coops and Condos
- JUN 28*7.5 hour: Legal Pitfalls - (Meet FH & 2 hour Law of Agency Requirements)
- JUL 257.5 hour: *The Dictionary of a Typical Com Lease(Meet FH and Law Of Agency requirement)
- JUL 267.5 hour: Financial Analysis Formulas
- JUL 277.5 hour: Understanding Investment Property
Real Estate Board of New York
570 Lexington Avenue (@ 51st Street), Lower Level
Course times will vary. Please check the time of the course by clicking on course title.
Please note: You must be present the full day in order to receive credit. No "half-credit" will be issued.
Register for three 7½ hour continuing education courses:
REBNY Members: $99.00 Non-Members: $190.00
Register for continuing education courses individually:
REBNY Members: $40.00 Non-Members: $70.00
Please note: These prices do not apply for certification or designation courses.