- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- GIVING BACK
Apply For The NYRS® Designation
NYRS® ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Associate Brokers and Licensed Sales People
- Must be recommended by a Manager
- Must have worked in residential real estate in NYC for a minimum of five years
- Must have closed a minimum of 50 transactions valued at a minimum of $50 million in sales or a minimum of $17 million in gross rentals
BECOME AN NYRS® AGENT
The NYRS® designation is awarded by the Real Estate Board of New York—REBNY—and recognizes the business and educational achievements of qualified residential agents.
The curriculum consists of course work totaling 22.5 approved hours by NY State and can be applied towards Continuing Education credit. Only 16 of those hours are required to receive the NYRS(r) designation. A student may take a Fair Housing/Agency closure at REBNY as part of the tuition, or be free to take any equivalent for State mandated credit. Classes are taught by leaders in the subject being taught and are held at REBNY headquarters at 570 Lexington Avenue, generally on Monday evenings from 4:00-7:00 pm. The course is given in the fall and spring of each year. Seats are limited. Tuition is $495 and includes the cost of books and a light supper.
Participants who complete all the sessions are awarded the NYRS® designation and may use the logo on business cards and marketing materials.
After graduation $75 membership dues are charged annually.
For more information, contact NYRS® at firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Maintain Your NYRS® Credential
To maintain the NYRS® credential, agents must complete an approved 3-hour class once every two years after graduation. Options include:
- Credential Renewal courses (see below)
- A single class from the NYRS® Designation Series with the exception of the last session of a semester.
To register, please contact NYRS® at email@example.com. The cost is $75 per session.
The following REBNY CE courses can be used for the NYRS renewal requirement at the REBNY price:
- Please check back for NYRS Renewal Courses.