- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
WELCOME TO NEW YORK REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
The Real Estate Board of New York is committed to offering best-in-class education and professional development for real estate professionals. From pre-licensing courses to advanced designations to ongoing professional networking, REBNY is here to support you in your growth and development.
New members of REBNY’s Commercial and Residential Brokerage Divisions attend an Ethics Course. In this course, new members review the REBNY Code of Ethics and the Universal Co-Brokerage Agreement with industry leaders. This course is required and free of charge to new members. Seating is limited.
Download the Code of Ethics
LICENSING AND CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
REBNY offers several courses to prepare you to obtain or maintain your license. These courses can be taken in-person or online at your own pace. All qualifying and continuing education courses are accredited by the NYS Department of State.
Upcoming Qualifying and Licensing Course
- Check back for upcoming courses
Upcoming Continuing Education Courses
- SEP 17Mortgage Credit in the New Environment
- SEP 18An Introduction to Residential Closings/Title Issues
- SEP 20MASTERING THE BOARD APPLICATION PACKAGE
- SEP 20Residential Broker Insight
- SEP 25Development and NYC Zoning
- SEP 27Core Legal Concepts for the Successful Real Estate Agent
- OCT 2Valuation Process
- OCT 15Coop Board Know How
- OCT 17Office Leasing
- OCT 18Core Legal Concepts for the Successful Real Estate Agent
- NOV 6Legal Pitfalls
- NOV 12An Introduction to Residential Closings/Title Issues
- NOV 13Rental -The Landlord, The Customer and You
- NOV 15Core Legal Concepts for the Successful Real Estate Agent
- NOV 20Coops and Condos
- DEC 4Legal Pitfalls
- DEC 13Core Legal Concepts for the Successful Real Estate Agent
- DEC 19Mortgage Credit in the New Environment
- FEB 19Mortgage Credit in the New Environment
Important Notice from New York Department of State
Effective January 1, 2017, any real estate licensee who renews their license must have completed 22 ½ hours of approved continuing education, three hours of which must include fair housing and/or discrimination in the sale or rental of real property or an interest in real property along with the updated requirement of at least 1 hour of law of agency. If a salesperson is within their first license term, they must complete 2 hours of agency along with the other designated educational hours. This change does not apply to those licensees who are exempt from the continuing education requirement.
All REBNY courses that meet the Fair Housing and Law of Agency Requirements are indicated by an asterisk * in the title.
To assist you in locating courses or help you determine whether you have already met the requirement, a list of courses which meet the agency requirement can be found on their website, www.dos.ny.gov/licensing. Any existing approved course that contains the topic of agency within the coursework will satisfy either the 1 or 2 hour requirement. The Division is in the process of adopting regulations that will allow for the approval of 1 hour courses.
Take Real Estate Liscensing and Continuing Education Courses online on your own schedule.
All qualifying and continuing education courses are accredited by the NYS Department of State.
REBNY offers a range of higher education courses for professionals. Completion of these courses can provide significant career advantages and distinction.
Upcoming CNE Core Concepts Available Courses
Upcoming CNE Advanced Concepts Available Courses
- No courses found
REBNY offers several non-credit seminars that real estate professionals can take to further their knowledge of the industry. Notable field experts teach these residential and commercial seminars.