- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- GIVING BACK
WELCOME TO NEW YORK REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
The Real Estate Board of New York is committed to offering best-in-class education and professional development for real estate professionals. From pre-licensing courses to advanced designations to ongoing professional networking, REBNY is here to support you in your growth and development.
New members of REBNY’s Commercial and Residential Brokerage Divisions attend an Ethics Course. In this course, new members review the REBNY Code of Ethics and the Universal Co-Brokerage Agreement with industry leaders. This course is required and free of charge to new members. Seating is limited.
Download the Code of Ethics
LICENSING AND CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
REBNY offers several courses to prepare you to obtain or maintain your license. These courses can be taken in-person or online at your own pace. All qualifying and continuing education courses are accredited by the NYS Department of State.
Upcoming Qualifying and Licensing Course
- Check back for upcoming courses
Upcoming Continuing Education Courses
- SEP 27Recent Legal Matters in New York State 1hr.
- OCT 4Topics in Fair Housing: Navigating Voucher Programs 3hrs.
- OCT 6State of The Residential Mortgage Market 2hrs.
- OCT 7Co-op and Condo Due Diligence 2.5hrs.
- OCT 14Fair Housing 3hrs.
- OCT 19Fundamental of Property Valuations- 2.5hrs.
- OCT 20Ethical Business Practices 2.5hrs.
- OCT 26Anatomy of a Retail Deal 2hrs.
- OCT 27Law of Agency Intensive 2hrs.
- NOV 3Mortgage Math 101 2hrs.
- NOV 4Recent Legal Matters in New York State 1hr.
- NOV 16Topics in Fair Housing: Navigating Voucher Programs 3hrs.
- NOV 30State of The Residential Mortgage Market 2hrs.
- DEC 1Commercial Real Estate Market Transactions - Broker Insights 2hrs
- DEC 7Residential Market Trends and Updates 2hrs.
- DEC 9Law of Agency Intensive 2hrs.
- DEC 13Negotiating to Achieve Client Goals 2hrs.
- DEC 14Recent Legal Matters in New York State 1hr.
Important Notice from New York Department of State
All licensees must successfully complete 22.5 hours of approved continuing education. The education must include at least 2.5 hours on the subject of ethical business practices, at least 1 hour of recent legal matters, at least 3 hours of instruction pertaining to fair housing and/or discrimination in the sale or rental of real property or an interest in real property and at least 1 hour of instruction pertaining to the law of agency except in the case of the initial two-year licensing term for real estate salespersons, 2 hours of agency related instruction must be completed within the two-year period immediately preceding a renewal.
Any salesperson who successfully completes an approved broker qualifying course (which requires passing the final exam), within their current term, will receive continuing education credit for completion of that course.
Please note: If completing the broker course for continuing education, you must also complete 2.5 hours of ethical business practices and 1 hour of recent legal matters topics to satisfy the requirement.
A recent legislative amendment REMOVED the 15-year real estate broker continuing education exemption and now requires all brokers who were previously exempted to complete continuing education starting July 1, 2021.
REBNY is currently offering live distance learning continuing education courses via Zoom along with online, on-demand courses to satisfy all requirements.
Take Real Estate Liscensing and Continuing Education Courses online on your own schedule.
All qualifying and continuing education courses are accredited by the NYS Department of State.
REBNY offers a range of higher education courses for professionals. Completion of these courses can provide significant career advantages and distinction.
Upcoming CNE Core Concepts Available Courses
- No courses found
Upcoming CNE Advanced Concepts Available Courses
- No courses found
REBNY offers several non-credit seminars that real estate professionals can take to further their knowledge of the industry. Notable field experts teach these residential and commercial seminars.