- REBNY Value Proposition
- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
Innovative NYC Retail Dealmakers Compete for REBNY’s 2018 Retail Deal of the Year Awards
Award winners to be announced at the Retail Committee’s Cocktail Party on June 11th
May 22, 2019
The Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) has announced the outstanding retail deals of 2018 that will compete for its coveted Retail Deal of the Year Awards.
The two winning deals–The Most Ingenious Retail Deal of the Year, which demonstrates exceptional broker acumen (ingenuity and creativity), and The Most Significant Retail Deal of the Year, which represents the most meaningful retail transaction in its overall characteristics and importance to the New York City retail market–will be announced at the REBNY Retail Committee’s 21st Annual Retail Deal of the Year Awards Cocktail Party on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Convene (117 West 46th Street).
Sponsors of the cocktail party include: Cushman & Wakefield, RXR Realty, SL Green Realty Corp., The New York Times, and Vornado Realty Trust.
The submissions for the 2018 competition are:
– “A Colorful Transaction – Color Factory Opens in NYC” – 150 Varick Street AKA 251 Spring Street, New York, NY
Brokers: Robin Abrams, Lisa Rosenthal, and Curtis Woodside of Abrams Retail Strategies at Compass
– “Deal of a Life Time: One Wall Street” – 1 Wall Street, New York, NY
Brokers: Peter Whitenack, Jackie Totolo, and Scott Zinovoy of RKF; Joe Mastromonaco and Fritz Kemerling of The Dartmouth Company
– “Remember the Alamo: How a Movie Theater Lease Unlocked 200,000 SF of Retail Space Downtown at 28 Liberty” – 28 Liberty Street, New York, NY
Brokers: Jeffrey D. Roseman and Ross Kaplan, Newmark Knight Frank
– “The Most Interesting Deal in the World: Showfields (Cushman & Wakefield), the World’s First Direct to Consumer Department Store, Opens at 11 Bond Street (Sinvin)” – 11 Bond Street, New York, NY
Brokers: Brandon Singer of Cushman & Wakefield and Christopher Owles of Sinvin Real Estate
– “The Swedes are Coming the Swedes are Coming, Bringing IKEA’s Urban Strategy to Life” – 999 Third Avenue, New York, NY
Brokers: Eric Yarbro, Robert L. Freedman, Jonathan Plotkin, G. Taylor Bell, and Timothy Pond of Colliers International
Join REBNY for the June 11th evening of networking, cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, and a review of New York City's most notable retail deals of 2018. Sponsor this event and purchase your tickets at go.rebny.com/RetailDOY18.