- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
REBNY’S Retail Deal of the Year Competition Ignites with Submissions from NYC’s Hottest Corridors
May 6, 2015
--Most creative and significant retail deals of 2014 to be honored at cocktail party on June 9th--
As prices for retail spaces reach all-time-highs throughout New York City, the industry eagerly awaits the announcement of the Real Estate Board of New York’s (REBNY) prestigious Retail Deal of the Year Awards. The winners of the annual awards, which recognize the most creative and significant New York City retail deals, will be announced at the Retail Committee’s Deal of the Year Cocktail Party on Tuesday, June 9, 2015, at Club 101 (101 Park Avenue).
REBNY will recognize two winners for top deals completed in 2014: the Most Ingenious Retail Deal of the Year that demonstrates exceptional broker acumen (ingenuity & creativity), and the Most Significant Retail Deal of the Year that recognizes the most significant retail deal in its overall characteristics and importance to the New York City retail market.
“This year’s roster of impressive submissions represents the colorful landscape of New York City’s retail market, representing industries ranging from fashion, food, and tech to music and athletic lifestyle,” said Andrew Mandell, Managing Partner of Ripco Real Estate and chair of REBNY’s Retail Committee. “The complexities and impact of each of the nominated transactions speaks to the unprecedented demand for retail space along the most in-demand corridors as well as new passageways that are quickly building up steam. The competition is tough and we look forward to unveiling the winners of the Retail Deal of the Year Awards on June 9th.”
The 2014 submissions are:
- “Microsoft at 677 Fifth Avenue: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Demolition Clause”
Brokers: Andrew Kahn and Jesse Hutcher of Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
- “740 Madison Avenue – The “Art” of a Deal: From Art to Fashion”
Brokers: James S. Downey, Eric Le Goff, Frank Liantonio, and Michael Rotchford of Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
- “Satisfying A Visionary CEO – The Story of RH Meatpacking – 9 Ninth Avenue, NY, NY”
Broker: Jared Epstein
- “Steinway Plays its Way Onto A of A – 1133 and 1155 Avenue of the Americas, NY, NY”
Brokers: Richard Bernstein and Jared Thal of DTZ (formerly Cassidy Turley)
- “Jumps, Shoots, Scores! A New Home at 545 5th Avenue”
Brokers: Barry Gosin, Jeffrey Roseman, and Moshe Sukenik of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank Retail
- “Redefining Bryant Park: The Creation of a New Retail District – 3 Bryant Park, 5 Bryant Park & 120 West 42nd Street”
Brokers: Mark Kapnick, Matt J. Ogle, Patrick A. Smith, and Corey Zolcinski of SRS Real Estate Partners – Northeast, LLC
- “How We Played Matchmaker to Eataly and Westfield – and Put on a Big Italian Wedding – 4 World Trade Center, NY, NY”
Broker: David LaPierre of CBRE, Inc.
- “Bed Bath & Beyond Goes Big in Brooklyn – 850 Third Avenue, Brooklyn, NY”
Broker: Lon Rubackin of CBRE, Inc.
- “Tailor-Made: Trunk Club a Perfect Fit for the Mansion on Madison – 457 Madison Avenue, NY, NY”
Brokers: Robert Bonicoro, Michael Kadosh, and Paul Milunec of CBRE, Inc.
- “Creating a New Chapter in the Life of the City | Urban Space at 230 Park Avenue”
Broker: Amira Yunis of CBRE, Inc.
- “If at First You Don’t Succeed: The Qela (Qatar Luxury Group) Lease at 680 Madison Avenue”
Broker: Richard B. Hodos of CBRE, Inc.
- “Putting It Together – The Art of Making Art: The Microsoft Lease at 677 Fifth Avenue”
Brokers: Daniel Alesandro and Richard B. Hodos of CBRE, Inc.
- “A Whole Foods Grows in Bryant Park – 1095 Sixth Avenue, NY, NY"
Brokers: Jacqueline Klinger and Chase Welles of SCG-Retail – A Division of The Shopping Center Group, LLC
- “A Historical Transaction – Trunk Club Redefines The Villard Mansion – 457 Madison Avenue, NY, NY”
Broker: Matthew A. Seigel of Thor Retail Advisors
- “Remerchandising 635-641 Sixth Avenue: After Several Decades, Retail Returns to a Prominent Space on the Chelsea – Sixth Avenue Retail Corridor”
Brokers: Gary Alterman and Robert K. Futterman of RKF
- “Brooklyn is First Call for Neiman’s Last Call – 210 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn, NY”
Brokers: Robin Abrams & Howard Dolch of The Lansco Corporation
Registration is required to attend the Retail Deal of the Year Cocktail Party on Tuesday, June 9, 2015, at Club 101. Please visit www.rebny.com for details.