- John Banks | REBNY President
- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
REBNY Announces Real Estate Industry Leaders to be Honored at 120th Annual Banquet
November 24, 2015
The Stacoms – Matthew, Tara and Darcy – become first family
to receive Lifetime Leadership Award
Special posthumous tribute will honor former REBNY Chairman John E. Zuccotti
Daniel Brodsky, Jeffrey Levine, Bill Montana, Edward Piccinich, and Steven Marvin
to also receive top accolades
As the real estate industry’s most prestigious evening of the year fast approaches, the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)’s 120th Annual Banquet, the association has unveiled the distinguished leaders who will be presented with top honors for their outstanding professional success and exceptional contributions to the industry.
“We are thrilled to present The Bernard H. Mendik Lifetime Leadership in Real Estate Award to a family for the first time ever. The Stacoms are true industry legends whose collective contributions are worthy of this unprecedented recognition by REBNY,” said Rob Speyer, REBNY Chairman. “We look forward to gathering with all of our colleagues at our 120th annual banquet to celebrate the achievements of the real estate community, toast the vibrant real estate market, and posthumously honor John Zuccotti, a former REBNY Chairman and one of New York’s greatest civic leaders.”
“The wide-ranging achievements of the industry leaders we will honor this year have had remarkable impact that extends throughout the real estate community and far beyond,” added John H. Banks, III, REBNY President. “Their dedication to professional, philanthropic, and humanitarian service exemplifies what it means to invest in our City’s future and we thank them for their tremendous efforts.”
The award winners who will be recognized at the annual black-tie event, held on Thursday, January 21, 2016 at the New York Hilton, are:
- The Stacom Family – the late Matthew Stacom, former Vice Chairman of Cushman & Wakefield; Tara Stacom, Executive Vice Chairman of Cushman & Wakefield; and Darcy Stacom, a Vice Chairman and Head of the Investment Properties group for CBRE’s New York Office – will receive The Bernard H. Mendik Lifetime Leadership in Real Estate Award for their exceptional accomplishments in the profession, leadership, and service to the real estate industry over the course of their distinguished careers. This is the first time a family will be presented with an award at REBNY’s Banquet.
- Daniel Brodsky, Senior Managing Partner of the Brodsky Organization, who will receive The Harry B. Helmsley Distinguished New Yorker Award, which is presented to an industry member for invaluable contributions to New York’s civic welfare and the real estate community.
- Jeffrey E. Levine, Chairman of Douglaston Development, Levine Builders and Clinton Management, who will receive The Kenneth R. Gerrety Humanitarian Award, which recognizes a REBNY member’s meritorious service to the community.
- Bill Montana, Senior Managing Director of Savills Studley, who will receive The Louis Smadbeck Broker Recognition Award, which celebrates a commercial broker with exceptional personal and professional integrity, leadership, prominence in the brokerage community, and service to REBNY’s committees.
- Edward V. Piccinich, Executive Vice President of SL Green Realty Corp., who will receive The George M. Brooker Management Executive of the Year Award, which recognizes individuals of superior accomplishment in property management based on outstanding professionalism, civic achievement, and contributions to the real estate industry.
- Steven H. Marvin, Executive Managing Director and Partner of Olmstead Properties, Inc., who will receive the Young Real Estate Man of the Year Award. This award is selected by the Young Men's/Women's Real Estate Association of New York and presented to a member who exemplifies strong integrity, professionalism, and personal ethics.
REBNY advises that those wishing to attend the 120th Annual Banquet should purchase their tickets early. For registration and sponsorship information, please visit the 120th Annual Banquet event page.
About the Honorees
Matthew Stacom: During his 67-year career at Cushman & Wakefield, Matthew Stacom played an integral role in the development, sale, and leasing of commercial properties nationwide. A company Vice Chairman, he frequently earned recognition as number-one sales professional and was a long-time member of the Board of Directors. His career highlights included negotiating the sale of two square blocks in downtown Chicago to Sears, Roebuck & Co., which led to development of the Sears Tower; prominent leases with Ebasco Services at the former Two World Trade Center, Sears Roebuck & Co. at 1633 Broadway, and HBO-Time at 1100 Avenue of the Americas; and other numerous sales deals, including 575 Fifth Avenue and 885 Third Avenue, known as the Lipstick Building.
Tara Stacom, Executive Vice Chairman at Cushman & Wakefield, consistently ranks among the firm’s top-producing brokers. Over her 34-year career, Tara has executed more than 40 million square feet in leasing, sales, and corporate finance transactions. Ms. Stacom was honored by REBNY with the 2011 Most Ingenious Deal of the Year Award (First Place Henry Hart Rice Award) for the leasing of One World Trade Center. Often ranked as a top landlord broker in Manhattan based on total square footage leased, she has represented tenants in the top 10 largest office leases over the last several years. Ms. Stacom serves as Director on the Board of Ethan Allen Interiors. She has served many years on Lehigh University’s Board of Trustees and created a real estate minor in the Business College.
Darcy Stacom serves as a Vice Chairman and Head of the Investment Properties group for CBRE’s New York Office. She has ranked top three globally at CBRE for years. Crowned the “Queen of the Skyscrapers” by the Wall Street Journal in 1997, Darcy’s prolific resume is as diverse in deal type as it is in size, ranging from $2 million trust and estates dispositions to the $5.4 billion sale of Peter Cooper Village and Stuyvesant Town for Metropolitan Life. Over the course of her more than 30 year career, Darcy has completed more than $70 billion in sales, financing, joint venture, leasehold and development transactions. Her 2014 Most Ingenious Deal of the Year Award (First Place Henry Hart Rice Award) complemented the four other ingenious deal awards she has earned over her career.
Daniel Brodsky: Daniel Brodsky is a leader within New York’s real estate industry who serves as Senior Managing Partner of the Brodsky Organization, which has specialized in large scale residential and mixed use development in New York City for the last fifty years, and managed more than 6,500 residential units, retail and office space. In addition to serving as Vice Chairman for REBNY’s Executive Committee, he has made exceptional contributions to the City’s arts and education communities serving as Chairman of The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Board of Directors and on the Board of Directors for The New York City Ballet. Among his other notable roles, Mr. Brodsky also served on the Board of Trustees for New York University, the American Museum of Natural History, and The Municipal Art Society.
Jeffrey E. Levine: Since founding Douglaston Development, Levine Builders and Clinton Management in 1979, Chairman Jeffrey E. Levine has directed the new construction and rehabilitation of thousands of residential units, in addition to millions of square feet of retail, office, and institutional space. He has received numerous personal and professional awards for his expansive projects, and most recently developed the Edge, a 1.5 million-square-foot mixed use project along the Williamsburg waterfront in Brooklyn. Mr. Levine currently serves on REBNY’s Executive Committee, as Vice Chair of the Associated Builders and Owners of Greater New York, as the National President of the Jewish National Fund, on the Board of Directors for St. Mary's Hospital for Children, and on the Board of Directors for the Citizens Housing and Planning Council, among other positions. Mr. Levine was a founding member of the New York State Association for Affordable Housing (NYSAFAH) and the Kimmel Foundation.
Bill Montana is Senior Managing Director of Savills Studley. He is known throughout the industry as an accomplished professional with the highest degree of integrity. Mr. Montana is Chairman Emeritus of the Young Men’s / Women’s Real Estate Association, a member of REBNY’s Board of Governors, former Chairman of REBNY’s Commercial Board of Directors, and serves on its ethics and arbitration committees. Mr. Montana is an active philanthropist and is a Knight of Columbus, 4th Degree. He participates regularly in mentoring programs. He runs, and speaks regularly at real estate symposiums, is quoted frequently in business publications and has written numerous published articles.
Edward V. Piccinich serves as Executive Vice President for SL Green Realty Corp. – an S&P 500 company, New York City's largest office landlord, and a fully integrated real estate investment trust – where he manages one of the largest commercial portfolios in New York City. Mr. Piccinich and his team have received numerous accolades including The New York Landmarks Conservancy's Lucy G. Moses Preservation Award, the New York Construction Award for Industry Impact, and multiple BOMA Pinnacle and TOBY awards. Among other affiliations, Ed serves on the Board of Directors for REBNY, the New York Building Congress, Hackensack University Medical Center, Realty Advisory Board, Urban Green Council, and the Alliance for Downtown New York.
Steven H. Marvin, Executive Managing Director and Partner at Olmstead Properties, Inc., has been involved in commercial real estate brokerage, leasing and management in New York City for more than 28 years, overseeing the development and implementation of the leasing and marketing of approximately 2.5 million square feet of properties throughout Manhattan. In addition to overseeing his current portfolio of buildings, Steven is also an active tenant representative broker, whose clients include: Buzzfeed, Paperless Post, and Intent Media, among others. Mr. Marvin also serves as a board member for The Education Alliance, Fresh Meadow Country Club, and Hudson Square Bid; as well as co-Chairman of the UJA’s Sites and Sounds Committee, Real Estate Division.
*Headshots available upon request. Please contact email@example.com.