- John H. Banks | REBNY President
- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
Real Estate Weekly: REBNY 8th Annual Summer Donation Drive
December 14, 2016
Members of the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) donated essentials–soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, shaving cream and more new items–to the organization’s 8th Annual Summer Donation Drive, in partnership with The Bowery Mission, to help restore dignity and respect to New York City's homeless community.
Pictured with the donations (from left to right) are: Ruth McCoy, Brown Harris Stevens, Founder & Coordinator of REBNY's 8th Annual Summer Donation Drive; Jeanne Oliver-Taylor, REBNY; Blair Nordby, Development Officer, Corporate and Community Partnerships, The Bowery Mission; and Indi Jaipal, REBNY.
The drive, which kicked off in June 2016 at the REBNY Residential Owner/Manager Luncheon, is one of several charitable initiatives that REBNY organizes annually in support of the community and one way through which the generosity of REBNY members is demonstrated.
Past REBNY donation drives have included collections of:
- Cell phones, eyeglasses, and business shoes for men and women, in partnership with Dress for Success and Career Gear
- Battery-operated and hand-cranked radios, whistles and batteries for senior citizens, in partnership with the New Dorp Beach Senior Center Friendship Club on Staten Island, which was devastated by Hurricane Sandy
- Clothing, diapers, bottles, and educational toys to families with homeless infants and toddlers in New York City, in partnership with the Coalition for the Homeless
In addition to the time and resources that REBNY members donate to innumerable causes, both in New York City and nationwide, they are also mobilized in REBNY's charitable initiatives throughout the year.