- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
Worth Preserving? Battle in Midtown
March 31, 2015
To preservationists and a growing number of apartment dwellers, a swath of land north of Madison Square Park feels like a section of industrial Manhattan in the Roaring Twenties, several blocks worthy of inclusion in an existing historic district.
But for owners of commercial and residential apartment buildings in the NoMad neighborhood, that sense of history isn’t something that can be gleaned from a hodgepodge of building facades—many that have had their distinguishing architectural features altered or erased over the years.