- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REBNY Value Proposition
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
Tower on $100M UES Gristedes site may grow
February 3, 2015
The dimensions of a residential tower that may sprout on the site of the Gristedes supermarket on East 86th Street just got substantially bigger. The owner of an adjacent property at 340 E. 86th St.is putting that building on the market, setting the stage for an assemblage that could produce a spire of nearly 180,000 square feet.
The property now hitting the block is a six-story, walk-up rental apartment building with market-rate tenants. That means it can be emptied and demolished as soon as leases at the property expire.