- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REBNY Value Proposition
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
Senate approves 2 percent cap on N.Y.C. tax increases
March 20, 2015
ALBANY—The Republican-led Senate approved legislation Thursday to set a cap on tax increases in New York City.
The bill, sponsored by Senator Andrew Lanza of Staten Island, would establish a 2 percent cap on property tax increases in the five boroughs, similar to the statewide 2 percent cap that exempts New York City.