- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
Save the 421a Program
February 4, 2015
In his State of the City speech, Mayor de Blasio made it clear that this will be the Year of Affordable Housing. To achieve his goals, he’ll need every tool he can lay his hands on.
That’s why opposition to a program designed to create affordable housing is so wrong-headed. Critics complain that the program favors big developers. That’s not an argument. That’s just name-calling. The de Blasio administration and the City Council should ignore this exercise in mindless populism.