- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
Steven Spinola on 421-A
March 27, 2015
Once the state budget is finalized, one of the biggest remaining issues in Albany will be New York’s expiring housing laws—including the controversial 421-a tax credit.
While critics say that the program primarily benefits developers of luxury housing, a recent report from the Real Estate Board of New York argues that allowing the credit to lapse would substantially reduce the creation of affordable housing units in New York City.