- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
SL Green Midtown Skyscraper Gets NYC Councilman’s Endorsement
May 5, 2015
New York City Councilman Dan Garodnick endorsed a rezoning proposal that would allow SL Green Realty Corp. to build a skyscraper near Grand Central Terminal in Midtown.
Garodnick, in a statement Tuesday, said he supports the real estate investment trust’s 1 Vanderbilt tower on Vanderbilt Avenue. SL Green plans to invest $220 million for transit upgrades near Grand Central as part of the project.