- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REBNY Value Proposition
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
Preservationists Fight Bill Setting Time Limit on Landmarks Decisions in New York
September 2, 2015
What if Grand Central Terminal, the Empire State Building and the theater at Radio City Music Hall were not New York City landmarks?
Civic groups and preservationists are now fighting a proposed City Council bill that they argue will weaken the city’s historic Landmarks Law — a bill that, had it been in effect in the past, would have jeopardized some of the city’s most beloved buildings.