- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
The mayor’s affordable housing optimism
April 2, 2015
Bill de Blasio has said that his plan to build or preserve 200,000 units of affordable housing in ten years is the largest housing plan attempted by any municipality ever. But while the plan would be historic, so would the challenges that go along with it. Capital has found that portions of the $41.1 billion earmarked for the plan are at risk.
As a mayoral candidate, de Blasio made building or preserving 200,000 units sound easy. He even said he could do it without additional city subsidy.