- John H. Banks | REBNY President
- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
NYC Experiencing Biggest Surge In Residential Construction In Decades
September 11, 2015
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — New York City is in the middle of a housing boom.
Over the first six months of 2015, developers received more than 42,000 building permits for apartments and houses, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. That number outpaces any full year since 1963.
Michael Slattery, senior vice president of the Real Estate Board of New York, called the surge “staggering.”