- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
Hotel Market Staggers in New York City
March 4, 2015
On 41st Street near Times Square, a Hyatt Place hotel is under construction. The shell of a Hampton Inn sits one block to the west. Nearby, scaffolding heralds a Holiday Inn.
For years, New York City’s hotel sector has been growing. But a sustained strengthening of the dollar and a weak global economy could curb tourism, which could ultimately make New York a less attractive market for developers and investors. Rising interest rates could also make hotel construction and renovation too expensive.