- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REBNY Value Proposition
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
WALL STREET JOURNAL: Time Warner Nears Deal to Sell Headquarters
January 15, 2014
$1.3 Billion Bid Backed by Funds From Abu Dhabi, Singapore
When Related Cos. needed financing for its $1.3 billion bid for Time Warner Inc.'s Manhattan headquarters, it turned to a ready source of money: foreign buyers.
It found willing backers in sovereign-wealth funds from Abu Dhabi and Singapore, which agreed to finance more than 80% of the purchase, according to people with knowledge of discussions.