- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REBNY Value Proposition
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
CRAIN'S --NY housing ends 2013 strong
January 14, 2014
New fourth-quarter numbers from the Real Estate Board of New York show a 31% bounce in sales compared with the end of 2012, with particular activity in Queens and Staten Island.
The New York City housing market exited 2013 strongly, according to fourth-quarter sales data for all five boroughs released Tuesday by the Real Estate Board of New York. In the fourth quarter, the total value of sales hit $9.6 billion, up a solid 29% from the same period last year, according to the data.