- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
COMMERCIAL OBSERVER -- Westfield Group Filling World Trade Center Hub With Ease
June 9, 2014
World Trade Center retail developerWestfield Group has leases either signed or out for signing at roughly 80 percent of its 150 slots at the WTC’s transit hub, the international mall developers told The Wall Street Journal today.
The steel and glass-winged train station, which renowned Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava dubbed “the Oculus,” will open next year with 365,000 square feet of retail space eyeballed by an estimated 200,000 pedestrians per day.