- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
WALL STREET JOURNAL --Higher Ed Goes Downtown
January 27, 2014
Lower Manhattan, the rapidly changing swath of land at the island's southern tip, is developing a new reputation—as the city's college town.
In the one square mile south of Chambers Street, the higher-education sector now maintains over 2 million square feet of space, a jump of nearly 1 million square feet since 2006, according to a report being released on Tuesday by the Alliance for Downtown New York, the area's business-improvement district.