- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
NY POST --5 reasons South Street Seaport is the city’s next hot spot
January 23, 2014
It’s been a long time since South Street Seaport was intended for New Yorkers.
This is not to say that natives didn’t show up when Aunt Millie was in town and in need of diversion. And unlike hellish Times Square, the Seaport at least looked like old New York and had unquestionably good views.
But Hurricane Sandy flooded the streets — putting many local places out of business and doing collateral damage to the area’s reputation and residential appeal.