- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
WSJ -- Mayor to Name Landmarks Head
May 15, 2014
Mayor Bill de Blasio is set to nominate an urban planner to guide the Landmarks Preservation Commission, as the 49-year-old agency attempts to balance the mayor's pro-development agenda with its mandate of preserving New York's built history.
The mayor has chosen Meenakshi Srinivasan, who for the last decade has been chairwoman of the New York City Board of Standards and Appeals, an agency that makes often highly technical decisions about granting exemptions to zoning for individual lots, according to city officials. Ms. Srinivasan also spent 14 years at the Department of City Planning.