- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
CRAIN'S --Greene Street turns to gold with potential new tenant
March 11, 2014
The hottest block in hippest retail nabe to sizzle as Google eyes first storefront.
Ten years after Louis Vuitton bravely opened a store on Greene Street, the onetime quaint SoHo back-water is emerging as the neighborhood's rising star. As a magnet for high-end shops and shoppers alike, it now rivals glitzy Spring and Prince streets—not to mention SoHo's original top draw, West Broadway, two blocks to the west of Greene Street.
"It's become the little Madison Avenue of SoHo," said Faith Hope Consolo, chairwoman of Douglas Elliman's retail group.