- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
WSJ --Gherkin Building Gets a Big Apple Push
September 15, 2014
When Savills PLC acquired Studley Inc. earlier this year for $260 million, executives of the merged company predicted a wide range of benefits from aligning the 159-year-old London-based company with the scrappy New York-based brokerage.
Now that prediction is being tested with the sale of a London office tower known as the Gherkin for its pickle-like shape. The receiver that controls the property on behalf of five European creditors...