- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REBNY Value Proposition
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
AMNY -- Fifth Avenue retail rents reach record high: Report
May 12, 2014
It's not just apartment rents that are skyrocketing in the Big Apple.
Retail rents in Manhattan have surged over the last year, according to a report Monday, with ground floor locations on Fifth Avenue between 49th and 59th streets reaching a record high of $3,550 per square foot.
According to the spring retail report by The Real Estate Board of New York, the price was a 16% jump from the same period last year, when the average rent was $3,052 per square foot. An increase in tourism and a growing economy have sparked the higher rents.