- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
CRAINS -- Expansion of big West Side project gets nod
March 20, 2014
The City Planning Commission approved a key zoning modification for Brookfield Office Properties' $4.5 billion Manhattan West project Wednesday. The change will allow it to be linked up with the huge building the company bought just to the west in 2012. The proposal now moves on to the City Council for consideration.
"We are pleased with the commission's decision, and look forward to moving ahead with the project," said Philip Wharton, senior vice president of development at the firm. "We believe the additional open space will be beneficial to the community."