- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
NEW YORK TIMES --Progress Is Made in Plan to Convert Post Office Into Penn Station Annex
August 27, 2014
Long a favorite project of civic organizations, developers and politicians, a $1 billion proposal to create a grand annex to Pennsylvania Station, North America’s busiest transit hub, has often moved like a creaky locomotive since it was conceived nearly 25 years ago.
But now the work needed to convert the James A. Farley Post Office, across Eighth Avenue from Penn Station, into a vast and elegant terminal annex in Midtown Manhattan is making modest progress.