- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REBNY Value Proposition
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
WSJ - Real Estate Board of New York Names New President
December 10, 2014
A lobbyist for Consolidated Edison Inc. who has ties to New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has been picked as the next leader of the Real Estate Board of New York, one of the city’s most influential industry groups.
John H. Banks III, who now serves as Con Edison’s vice president of government and community relations, will succeed Steven Spinola as the association’s president March 2, becoming the 118-year-old organization’s first African-American president.