- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REBNY Value Proposition
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
NY TIMES - A Photographer Goes Beyond Words to Tell Buildings’ Stories
December 17, 2014
With architecture, words are not enough.
Consider the World Trade Center Transportation Hub.
In recent weeks, readers of The New York Times have compared it to acathedral and a Venus fly trap, a pigeon deterrent and a bird carcass, the collapsing twin towers and the steel pieces that remained after they fell. Santiago Calatrava, its principal architect, sees it as a dove. I thought in 2005 that it was becoming more of a stegosaurus.