- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
NEW YORK TIMES --Builders Turn Focus to Housing Market
September 29, 2014
In a sign of New York City’s rapidly shifting real estate market, the Durst family, whose empire was built on a forest of Manhattan office towers, is plunging into the housing market with an ambitious plan for a sprawling residential development on the Queens waterfront.
The Dursts, whose two skyscrapers on 42nd Street helped fuel the renaissance of Times Square, are now looking to spend $1.5 billion to transform a knobby, windswept peninsula in Astoria, where the East River meets the Harlem River, across the water from Gracie Mansion.