- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
COMMERCIAL OBSERVER --City Planning Commission Approves Revised Domino Sugar Refinery Plan
March 5, 2014
Just two days after Two Trees buckled under pressure from the De Blasio administration to beef up the affordable housing component of the Domino Sugar Refinery redevelopment project, the City Planning Commission has unanimously approved the developer’s plans.
Two Trees had already agreed to go well beyond the 440 required units of affordable housing and build 660 units (out of the 2,300-unit total) at the site, but on Monday it sweetened the deal by raising that number to 700 (an additional 110,000 square feet).