- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
NYS Real Estate Continuing Education
Effective January 1, 2017, any real estate licensee who renews their license must have completed 22 ½ hours of approved continuing education, three hours of which must include fair housing and/or discrimination in the sale or rental of real property or an interest in real property of agency along with the other designated educational hours.along with the updated requirement of at least 1 hour of law of agency. If a salesperson is within their first license term, they must complete 2 hours. Courses that meet the Fair Housing and Law of Agency Requirements are indicated by an asterisk * in the title. This change does not apply to those licensees who are exempt from the continuing education requirement.
To assist you in locating courses or help you determine whether you have already met the requirement, the Department of State Division of Licensing Services will be placing a list of courses which meet the agency requirement on their website www.dos.ny.gov/licensing. Any existing approved course that contains the topic of agency within the coursework will satisfy either the 1 or 2 hour requirement. The Division is in the process of adopting regulations that will allow for the approval of 1 hour courses.
Residential and commercial brokerage continuing education courses offered by REBNY allow real estate brokers and salespersons to fulfill the 22.5 hours of continuing education credits that must be taken every two years to maintain a NYS real estate license. Three 7.5 hour courses earn the total 22.5 hours needed in order to maintain your license. Licensees (both residential and commercial) may take residential and/or commercial courses in order to complete their CE requirement.
Exemption from CE requirement: Any licensed real estate BROKER who is engaged full time in the real estate business and who has been licensed prior to July 1, 2008 for at least 15 consecutive years immediately preceding renewal or an attorney admitted to the New York State Bar who holds a real estate broker's license.
Upcoming NYS Continuing Education Classes
- AUG 237.5 hour: Financial Analysis Formulas
- AUG 247.5 hour: Pnts of Concern when Negot. Com. Agrmnts
- SEP 277.5 hour: Building Basics and Beyond (1 hr Law of Agency)
- OCT 67.5 hour: Analyzing Investment Property
- OCT 117.5 hour: Deal Makers Deal Breakers
- OCT 137.5 hour: *The Dictionary of a Typical Com Lease(Meet FH and Law Of Agency requirement)
- OCT 18*7.5 hour: Mortgage Credit in the New Environment (Meet FH & 2 hrs Law of Agency)
- OCT 207.5 hour: The Landlord and the Property
- NOV 17.5 hour: *Solving Problems at Real Estate Closings & Fair Housing
- NOV 87.5 hour: Knowing The Numbers and Defining The Terms...
- NOV 15*7.5 hour: NYC Zoning: The Twilight Zone-Meet FH requirements
- DEC 67.5 hour: An Introduction to Residential Closings/Title Issues with 2 hour of Law of Agency
- DEC 137.5 hour: Residential RE Round-up
Real Estate Board of New York
570 Lexington Avenue (@ 51st Street), Lower Level
Course times will vary. Please check the time of the course by clicking on course title.
Please note: You must be present the full day in order to receive credit. No "half-credit" will be issued.
Register for three 7½ hour continuing education courses:
REBNY Members: $99.00 Non-Members: $190.00
Register for continuing education courses individually:
REBNY Members: $40.00 Non-Members: $70.00
Please note: These prices do not apply for certification or designation courses.